Torre makes decision on Girona future ahead

 

Pepelu of Valencia CF and Pablo Torre of Girona FC battle for possession during the LaLiga EA Sports match between Girona FC and Valencia CF at Montilivi Stadium on December 02, 2023 in Girona, Spain.

Pablo Torre has reportedly decided he wants to continue at Girona for the rest of the season despite having failed to make a single La Liga start for the club.

The midfielder moved in the summer in search of regular playing time but it hasn’t worked out that way. He’s managed just 202 minutes from 10 substitute appearances so far.

There has been speculation that Barca cut could short his loan, but Cadena Ser now say that Torre wants to stick it out with Michel’s men.

The report claims the youngster has had a chat with Michel and is feeling confident he will be have more minutes from now on.

Torre can’t play at the weekend against Barcelona, due to a fear clause, but may get a chance after that due to an injury to Yangel Herrera.

Michel has spoken about Torre recently and seems to be happy with his loanee even if he’s yet to start him in the Spanish top flight.

“My three midfielders, today, have a trajectory that is making us leaders,” he said. “I told Pablo that he was doing very well and that he should not stop, because we will give him everything he deserves.”

Torre, and Barcelona for that matter, will, be hoping that that is the case to prevent his career from stalling further.

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Previous Post Next Post