Cesc Fabregas completes transfer for £16m Wolves flop as replacement talks continue

Alessio Cragno (Cagliari Calcio) saves on Patrick Cutrone (Empoli FC) during the italian soccer Serie A match Empoli FC vs Cagliari Calcio on February 13, 2022 at the Carlo Castellani stadium in Empoli, Italy.


Wolverhampton Wanderers have completed the sale of striker Patrick Cutrone to Serie B side Como, according to reports.

The 24 year-old forward signed for Wolves for a fee in the region of £16 million back in 2019 and he has since gone on to make just 14 appearances for the Midlands club in the Premier League throughout his three years at Molineux.

Wolves fans had high hopes for the player following his arrival, having previously hit double figure for AC Milan in the top flight of Italian football two years prior to his transfer to England. However, he failed to make an impact at Wolves, leading to Cutrone pursuing a number of loan moves away from the club at Fiorentina, Valencia and most recently FC Empoli.

Cutrone now looks set to depart Bruno Lage’s side on a permanent deal to Italy, with transfer expert Fabrizio Romano releasing the following update on the situation over night. 

He said: “#WWFC Patrick Cutrone has been sold to Italian second division side Como on permanent deal. It’s done – he’ll play with Cesc Fabregas.”

Romano went on to provide an update on Cutrone’s possible replacement in black and gold, where he said: “Wolves will be back in contact with Stuttgart for Saša Kalajdžić after €15m proposal rejected yesterday – also working on the outgoings.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post