Bruno Fernandes reveals Manchester United assurances about their future

Manchester United's Portuguese midfielder Bruno Fernandes warms up ahead of the English Premier League football match between Brighton and Hove Albion and Manchester United at the American Express Community Stadium in Brighton, southern England on May 7, 2022. 


Bruno Fernandes says he was given assurances about the future plans of Manchester United prior to signing his contract extension.

The 27-year-old penned a new and improved deal at Old Trafford last month, which saw him extend his stay by one year as well as receive a handsome wage increase.

Fernandes has established himself as a key player since he joined the club from Sporting back in January 2020, but he is yet to win any major honours with the club and will not be playing in the Champions League next season.

United are mathematically unable to finish fourth in the Premier League following their humiliating 4-0 defeat to Brighton at the weekend, arguably the lowest moment of their season so far.

The embarrassing loss once again raised huge questions about the direction of the club, but Fernandes moved to assure supporters by insisting he would not have signed a new deal if he didn't have confidence in their long-term plans.

I don't want to talk about the future, he told Sky Sports. We still have one game this season and we have to win.

I talked with the club about the future many times before I signed my contract because I think the future can be good, but obviously many things need to be fixed, as we have seen this season.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post