Mario Balotelli set to resume training with Brescia

ALLIANZ STADIUM, TORINO, ITALY - 2020/02/16: Mario Balotelli of Brescia Calcio greet the fans at the end of the Serie A match between Juventus Fc and Brescia Calcio. Juventus Fc wins 2-0 over Brescia Calcio.

Mario Balotelli is set to resume training on Thursday following medical tests amid a legal battle with Brescia, according to football-italia.net

The former Liverpool, Manchester City and Milan striker had a note from his personal doctor stating he had gastroenteritis and would not be available for training until Wednesday.

He then turned up to the training ground on Tuesday as he felt he had recovered but he was turned away at the gate because his medical certificate wasn't valid.

It followed reports in Italy that Balotelli had been fired by the club following a bust-up with president Massimo Cellino.  

The 29-year-old was filmed arriving at training on Tuesday before being advised to leave by a club official.

Players across Serie A – which restarts on June 20 – have been told to present valid medical documents on arrival at training grounds and stadiums.

One Football report that Balotelli wasn't supposed to return to training until Wednesday, with the club allowing certain groups to train on select days.   

It is believed Balotelli had previously sent a medical certificate to Brescia informing them he was unable to train because he was suffering from gastroenteritis.

But since he had told the club he had recovered, nobody was able to deal with the paperwork allowing him to return.  

Brescia, which is in the northern Italian region of Lombardy, has faced strict restrictions over the last few months because of the coronavirus pandemic.

As Italy has eased out of lockdown, special measures have remained in place to help prevent a second wave of the virus.  

Balotelli's situation at Brescia is reportedly desperate with club owner Massimo Cellino upset with the former Manchester City striker's behaviour. 

It was reported that Cellino had sent a letter to Balotelli requesting the termination of his three-year contract at the club he joined last year after leaving Marseille.

He is contracted to club until 2022 but there is a break clause at the end of the season if Brescia, who are 20th in Italy's top division, are relegated.

It comes after Balotelli, who earns £877,000-a-year at Brescia, missed 10 days of training in January and a non-mandatory session on May 26. 

He then missed another session last week without permission, prompting Cellino to take action after a meeting with Balotelli on May 29 to clear the air failed to materialise. 

Former Leeds United owner Cellino has himself spoken of his regret at bringing Balotelli to the club.

“I think we both made a mistake,” Cellino told the BBC's World Football programme.

“I thought that coming to Brescia, which is his town, would commit him very much.”

He added: “He doesn't show up to training, he doesn't look very committed let's say, for the future of the club. That's the problem.  

“Balotelli's got a contract in Serie A, but he doesn't have a contract in Serie B. So if we're relegated, Balotelli won't have a contract any more.

“Balotelli apparently doesn't like to stay in Italy anymore because he's not acting that way.”

Powered by Blogger.