Mason Greenwood remains on bail over rape and assault allegations

 

Mason Greenwood of Manchester United during the Premier League match between Brentford and Manchester United at Brentford Community Stadium on January 19, 2022 in Brentford, England. 

Manchester United's Mason Greenwood remains on bail following Thursday's hearing over allegations he raped and assaulted a woman.

Greenwood, 20, was arrested on January 31 on suspicion of rape and assault. He was further arrested on February 1 on suspicion of sexual assault and making threats to kill.

A Greater Manchester Police statement published on Friday said: “Following a hearing yesterday (Thursday 23 June 2022), a 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of rape, assault and making threats to kill on Sunday 30 January 2022 remains on bail.

“As the outcome of bail reviews does not impact the progression of investigations, Greater Manchester Police will not be providing any further updates in relation to this case until the suspect is charged or released facing no further action.”

United have previously said the forward would not return to training or matches until further notice.

The club’s latest statement on the matter read: “Manchester United reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind. As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or play for, the club until further notice.”

Greenwood has not responded to the allegations. He is under contract with the Premier League club until 2025.

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post