Tottenham to table contract offer to Jose Mourinho target amid Inter Milan swap talks

Milan Skriniar of FC Internazionale in action during the Serie A match between Juventus and FC Internazionale played behind closed doors at Allianz Stadium after the Italian Government has issued a list of new guidelines to help stop the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19 on March 8, 2020 in Turin, Italy.

Tottenham are preparing to launch a bid to sign Inter Milan defender Milan Skriniar next week as speculation continues to link him with a move to north London. Reports in Italy claim Spurs could offer up Tanguy Ndombele in return for the defender.

Tottenham have already been busy this summer, bringing in Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Southampton. 

The midfielder is expected to act as a like-for-like replacement for Ndombele, who has been tipped to leave this summer. 

Ndombele is reportedly unhappy at Spurs, and was previously linked with a move to Barcelona. 

After Barca swapped Arthur for Miralem Pjanic, it seems their interest in the 26-year-old is over, but an exit could still be on the cards. 

Reports in Italy claim Spurs are preparing to offer him up in exchange for Inter’s Skriniar. 

The centre-back is viewed by officials in north London as a potential replacement for Jan Vertonghen, who has now left the club at the end of his contract. 

Skriniar is said to be unhappy in Italy under Antonio Conte, and is keen to move on this summer after three years in the capital. 

Conte’s job is believed to be at risk, but it has been claimed that if he stays, Skriniar will be shown the door.

And Tottenham are now planning to take advantage of the centre-back's position and try to convince him to move to the Premier League. 

Reports suggest Spurs are going to offer up Ndombele for Skriniar next week in an attempt to solve their centre-back problem. 

Mourinho is keen to improve his defensive options ahead of next season, having already allowed Vertonghen to leave. 

And former Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson believes the Portuguese boss should now wield the axe and offload players to trim his squad down and reinvest. 

“I’ve always said this is Jose starting to shuffle his pack,” he told Football Insider. 

“We’ve known about the financial implications that Spurs have suffered in this lockdown period and economic climate. It was always going to be if players were coming in, players were going to have to leave.

“This is the first one in. This is Jose moulding his squad, moulding a side for what he wants next year and it’ll be interesting to see who he doesn’t want. 

“We’ve seen [Kyle] Walker-Peters go in the opposite direction. He’s one that’s surplus to requirements and that’s part funded the Hojbjerg deal. It seems a good bit of business. 

“This is Jose at his best but he’s going to have to work very hard with his scouting network if his budget isn’t going to be the size he wants because his squad is going to be very unbalanced. 

“It’s him making his own changes and his own assault on the squad, if you like. I suspect we’ll see quite a few leaving.” 
Powered by Blogger.