Wilfried Zaha staying at Crystal Palace despite transfer request, confirms Roy Hodgson


Wilfried Zaha is set to stay at Crystal Palace this summer despite handing in a transfer request amid interest from Everton.

The winger, who said towards the end of last season that he wanted to play Champions League football, was the subject of offers from Arsenal earlier in the window, though they fell well below Palace's valuation of more than £80million.

Everton saw an offer of £70million plus James McCarthy on a permanent and Cenk Tosun on loan knocked back on Wednesday, which prompted a frustrated and disillusioned Zaha, who did not train with his teammates on deadline day, hand in a transfer request.

The Toffees did not return with an offer and Zaha, who could well have left the club up to September 2 with European windows still open, looks set to stay.

"Yes he is staying," manager Roy Hodgson told Sky Sports. "Absolutely we are pleased about that as a club and I am looking forward to him doing what he has done for the last two seasons.

"Today he hasn't in the right frame of mind so I sent him home, it has been well documented that he wanted to leave but it hasn't worked out for him, he has a good contract with us.

"His beef is with the chairman and the owners of the club and they haven't been able to work out a deal for him, I am looking forward to seeing him tomorrow [Friday] hopefully he will have come to terms with the fact that he has another season with Crystal Palace."

While Palace had wanted to add a right back and a striker this summer, having sold Aaron Wan-Bissaka and seen Michy Batshuayi return to Chelsea after his loan, Hodgson confirmed that their business for this window is done.

Powered by Blogger.